LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #50.1: "The Sapphicutioner's Song"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Aug 22 23:19:54 PDT 2022

On 2022-08-22 21:27, Drew Nilium wrote:
> Bacchus sits down at the bar and pours himself another glass. If you saw
> him there, you'd see the dead-faced ruin of a man that Eddie Campbell
> drew, but if the light was a little different you might see something
> glorious and uncannily beautiful, like the version from a certain
> video game everyone was obsessed with this time last year. Or maybe
> it's just a trick of the light.
>
> "Endings," he says to his interlocutor, "usually come after
> beginnings. Or that's what Hideaki Anno says, anyway. With superhero
> stories, you never can tell. How do you end a story like this one?
> Well, it goes a bit like this..."
>
> #50.1
>
> And Catalyst Lass fell to her knees and screamed.

Oooh, I think I like where this story is going.

I kind of like the idea of ending stories now.  But I face a problem
with that.

Powernaut Comics just has to make it from 1993 to 1999.  It is Powernaut
Comic tradition to just jump to (for instance) 1999 if the Writer wants
to, except 1993 cleans up an abrupt ending, and it is half ready to
publish already.  And 1993 will need 1995 and probably 1997 after that.
  1996 would mostly be for fun.

Anyway, I guess I'll persevere in the end.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.