SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #9: Incoming!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Sep 13 18:25:44 PDT 2021

When we left Our Heroes, they were trying to beat up on stuffed bears
who were too happy and indestructible to even notice.  Today's excerpt
from Powernaut comics explains how the heroes moved on.  But something
else is moving in - on them!  The only one who can save them is
Powernaut 1992 - but can he even do that??

https://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992.htm#commentary8

I admit, upon re-reading this sequence, there was a rather abrupt
transition between beating up on Happy Bears and looking out for the
next thing on the horizon.  I tried to smooth it over, starting with
updated commentary from Wyatt Ferguson...

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! More Happy Bears

Megaphone and Doctor Lithium are gone, at least for now. (You never
know, in our world.) So I couldn't interview them. But Leo and Crusher
Joe both remember Slow Bear, Stupid Bear, and Suicidal Bear. Those were
the only ones they recall staying behind, when Megaphone started firing.
As for Senile Bear, Our Heroes have already admitted they weren't paying
that much attention under the circumstances. Powernaut Comics poetic
license again.

In any case, Crusher Joe eventually recognized they were all beating on
creatures who just didn't care. So they moved on.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.