JE: The Jenny Everywhere Museum TEB [corrected repost]

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:55:09 PST 2021

On 11/12/21 3:25 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
<snip>
> (Anything that doesn't makes sense
> there is probably a reference to recurring ideas/memes from that site, unless it
> isn't.)

X3 That's familiar.

> I of course failed in the big creative project I set out for myself, writing a
> set of Jenny Everywhere stories one day of every month. But I came up with a lot
> of good and useful ideas along the way.

That's what's important!

> It's here I really start
> sketching out the relationship between Jenny and Laura Drake, which is a central
> part of my take on the character.

Heck yessssss

Awwwww. <3 Yeah.

> A miniature city preserved from a dead world.

Rescued during Jenny's battle with the Ultimate Algorithm, due to the strange
sacrifice of her weird counterpart, Ynnej Erehwyreve!

> A maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Heeheehee

> Except she wasn’t alone There was something coming her way: a strange black
> thing with many eyes. There was something oddly familiar about it. Then she
> remembered that she hadn’t just seen this thing before, she knew what it was
> like to see the world through those eyes. And then she remembered something
> else, something too big and strange to put into words, and wondered why she
> suddenly felt naked without goggles.

oooooooh. Lovely. :D

> Somewhere we’re together in the park with our family. I’m playing tag with our
> youngest daughter, running through the trees. You shake your head and wonder
> when I’ll grow up.
>
> Somewhere I watch as you kiss her beneath the moonlight. I tell myself you’re
> happy with her and that’s what matters as I hold back my tears.
>
> Somewhere the sky is burning and you lie dead at my feet. Even after everything
> you’ve done I wish there could have been another way.

I know who this is!! :D :D :D

> Laura was sitting alone in the bathroom, wishing desperately the party would end
> and she could go home.

There she is. n.n

> “No, really! I have all the memories of all the other mes in all the other
> worlds, and I can also jump between them. Like this. Hold on tight!” Jenny had
> always made up these strange stories since they were in high school, and Laura
> knew the best thing to do was play along. Jenny grabbed her by the hand, and
> then she felt the world lurch around her. She caught a brief glimpse of a clear
> night sky with two moons, and then they fell to the floor in the bathroom. What
> just happened? Laura hadn’t drunk anything…
>
> Jenny groaned, clutching her head. “I’m never doing that again…”

heeheeheehee :3

> Nowhere

Aw shit

> He’d only caught glimpses of her before but now he could see her clearly. She
> was a statuesque blonde woman dressed in an elegant black suit. She wore a
> polished black gas mask, which reflected the city around her. The moonlight cast
> long shadows of the dumpsters and scattered trash in the alley, but she herself
> had no shadow.

So fuckin creepycool! :D

> The octopus-headed man looked at her with its large, inky black pupil-less eyes.
> It held a gun in every single one of its tentacles.

Yessssssss :3 :3 :3

> They stood alone in the desert beneath the weird, jagged rock formation that
> loomed through the night. The crimson-robed man raised his staff. “Draw!” he said.
>
> The Cthulhu Kid fired all of his guns at once.

Love it love it love it!!!

> “It’s too late.” It laughed harshly. “The Old Ones are coming. The stars are
> right. Look up.”
>
> She looked up in the sky and saw that the stars had taken the shape of a vast,
> alien creature. She looked it in the eye and stuck out her tongue.

yessssssss <3 <3 <3

> “They said I was the world’s greatest hero. I had no idea how little that meant
> until I left my world behind. We came together from countless worlds to fight
> it. But we lost and everything was torn apart. Somehow I survived and wound up
> here, in this weird pseudo-universe made of bits and pieces of destroyed worlds.

Oh, this is reminiscent of what you're doing now.

> “You’re right. I did fail you. Every time it’s manifested I’ve tried
> to stop it and failed. But that means I know every single way that doesn’t work.
> All I have to do is keep trying something different, and someday I’ll come up
> with one that does. And one day someone, somewhere will be able to stop it.
> Maybe it’ll be us. Now who wants to hear the plan?”

HELL YEAH

Haha this really is the fight, huh @@

> “It’s too late,” said Death.
>
> “No it isn’t,” answered Jenny.

X3 Perfect!!!! <3 <3 <3

> The Fall of the Strange and Wonderful House
>
> [September 10th, 2014]
>

> And so it was over: all the artifacts had been auctioned off, the ghosts had all
> found other places to haunt, the alchemists had moved their Great Work
> elsewhere, and the only two people were left. One was a dragon and the other was
> Jenny Everywhere.
>
> “It’s strange,” said Jenny, “I haven’t been to this House in ages and I’ll still
> miss it.”

Oh, lovely and meta. :D

> “Yeah. Just came back for one last thing.” With a flourish of her hand and a
> wide grin, Jenny revealed a tiny House the size of a Christmas ornament. “It’s a
> House seed. I’m sure I’ll find some use for it.” She tucked it into her
> capacious pocket.
>
> And so they walked off elsewhere, leaving behind the silent shore of the Tarn.

awwwwww lovely.

Drew "always planting seeds" Nilium