JE: The Jenny Everywhere Museum TEB [corrected repost]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 12 17:03:04 PST 2021

On 2021-11-12 12:25, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:

> I of course failed in the big creative project I set out for myself,
> writing a set of Jenny Everywhere stories one day of every month.

For several years I *accomplished* writing a Wyatt Ferguson story every
month.  I set myself an easy goal, with lots of plot stimuli.  But I
don't even participate in NaNoWriMo, because projects don't work to a
timeline.

People often put up goals, saying "Read so much in a year!"  (Never
mind, write.)  I never achieve even those goals, because I read what and
when I like.  But yet I read.

> But I came up with a lot of good and useful ideas along the way. I
> wanted to develop more relationships for Jenny and explore how she
> perceived the world, what it really means to be aware of all your
> lives across the multiverse. It's here I really start sketching out
> the relationship between Jenny and Laura Drake, which is a central
> part of my take on the character. Over the years I've really
> struggled to convey what mattered to me about the character, the
> potential I saw in her, but even if I didn't inspire a huge new wave
> of creativity like I'd hoped, all that writing over the years has
> added up to one of the longest, best and most developed stories I've
> written today, one that I actually seem likely to finish. I look a
> lot more kindly on all my weird old experiments now because of that.

That's the way it works.

Almost all my old experiments are online at http://eilertech.com/stories/ .

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.