LNH20: Writer's Block Person #47: "A Very Meta Morphosis"

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:33:09 PDT 2020

On 10/16/20 11:16 AM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> On 10/16/20 3:15 AM, Drew Nilium wrote:
>> The door slammed and Library Lad leapt into the apartment. "Writer's Block
>> Person, come quick! There's a new set of bad guys that are a parody of Kamen
>> Rider Saber and you need to stop them!"
>
> Kamen Rider Saber? That was the one who was King Arthur, right? *ducks*

X3

>> "No it's the opposite of that." Writer's Block Person closed their laptop and
>> put it to the side. "I think... when I added long-term plot arcs to this series,
>> it helped me express a lot of things, and also helped me learn to actually
>> complete such arcs. But at this point, the personal stuff I want to express
>> doesn't really mesh with the structure of big adventure plots, and the big plots
>> I want to do could use someone who isn't so literally a representation of
>> Writer-me."
>
> That's very good and very relatable (and one of the big advantages of LNH is
> being able to deal with this kind of problem in story terms). I think one thing
> we've both been struggling with is how to fit our ideas into more flexible
> structures.

Indeed! A big part of moving past all the stuff I've been stuck on is knowing
how to keep letting the energy flow, no matter what form it wants to take.

>> Library Lad stuck out his tongue. "You know, if you're not gonna let me say my
>> own dialog, I *could* be off watching the new Carmen Sandiego."
>
> Thinking about Carmen Sandiego reminds me, Nina should really have a
> rival/girlfriend who's a master thief of some kind. She seems that kind of
> character.

yessssss :D

>> "Yeah. But I think I've got the perfect solution for that, which is--"
>>
>> "--introducing some new characters?" Library Lad giggled. "Gotcha back~"
>
> OF COURSE
>
> (And they're all you, and they're all adorable.)

Heeheehee it's true :D

>> The door slammed open, and in danced a ravishing, rockin' figure, with big black
>> bat wings, a gothy dress, big stompy boots, dark brown fur with a rust-red
>> collar, and an *amazing* booty. "Hiiiiii nerds, I'm finally here!" She snapped
>> her fingers and pointed double fingerguns at them. "Ginger Jackson, at your
>> service!"
>
> I immediately love her.

I knew you would in particular :3

>> "I mean," said Writer's Block Person, "we can totally have some dimensional
>> immigrants or such..."
>
> That's more of a Classic thing really, the LNH20 universe is much more
> self-contained (so far).

It's true! One of the many fun differences.

>> "Burst Beetle..." She
>> poses, one arm cocked back in a fist, the other a splayed hand high in the air!
>> "Flash!"
>
> I love that you're introducing all these variations of this concept.

That's what it's for! :D

>> Ginger grabbed and squeezed her close, and Swatii squeaked as she was squished
>> by the armor. Ginger oop'd and pressed a button on her belt, de-transforming,
>> then re-hugged. "And we're roommates!"
>
> Naturally.

:3 :3 :3

>> She's an original species, right, not a Ho--"
>>
>> "I'm a Bulbling, yeah!" said Swatii, wriggling out of Ginger's arms in her haste
>> to interrupt them.
>
> I see you trying to introduce Homestuck in here, you SINNER.

 >:D >:D >:D ALWAYS

>> "Or if you want to be formal, a member of what was once known
>> as the Perennial Empire. ...please don't call it that, tho, that's what lesser
>> jerks and greater assholes call it."
>
> Ah, getting into some worldbuilding, nice.

Yesssss. <3 This is something I've had ideas for for a while, and if and when I
get more into these characters I'll go more into detail.

>> "Right," said WBP. "Not that I won't do any more adventure-y stuff, like, that
>> one about the Battly Fight was good. But I want to focus more on the feels-y
>> meta slice-of-life stuff."
>
> That makes a lot of sense. WBP is basically a 2000s-style webcomic

yesssssssss :D But with all the queerness and transness front and center!!

(And hey, that makes it perfectly kosher to introduce Homestuck, right~)

Drew "absolutely legit" Nilium