LNH: WikiLull After #4.5: "Didio the Invader"

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:16:36 PST 2020

On 11/2/20 5:52 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> WIKILULL AFTER #4.5
> "Didio the Invader"
> A tale of sexy vampire continuity fixing by Jeanne Morningstar

Already this is the best.

> The golden-haired man was lying before Shadez Radikal, wearing an open bathrobe
> that showed his divine musculature.
>
> All the Frogtroopers were dead around Shadez, and strangely, he didn't even
> care. He felt oddly languorous. They were all lying on the ground... and their
> corpses were all in a state of half-transformation, almost-shifted into cyborgs
> or monsters or actual frog-people. And there were bloody wounds in all their necks.
>
> This man was a vampire. Specifically, he was a revampire.

WOW. That's super fucking intense

> He was lounging around vampirotically on the desk. His golden locks (he had the
> kind of hair you pretty much had to describe as "locks") were angelic, in a
> distinctly fallen way. He made Shadez Radikal think about the strange feelings
> he had whenever he looked at the Greek statuary he spent so much time admiring
> in a *completely heterosexual* way.

X3 X3 X3

> He also made him think of all the time he'd once spent roleplaying a vampire.
> Those were awful times in his life, when he'd been completely stuck in
> self-loathing and loathing of everyone and everything else. He'd been weak and
> pathetic. Eventually, he got over that; he learned to be tough and he lost
> weight--yes, he'd had to throw up every day, which was awful, but he was a man
> now. And he sure as hell didn't spend any time thinking about vampires.
> Vampires, he'd decided, were for girly-boys and sissy-men and Shadez Radikal was
> *definitely not* that.

Sweetie. SWEETIE. ;.; God dammit now I feel bad for Shadez Radikal.

> There was a myth, which he'd very much believed, that fascists
> and men like Hitler were Great Men who won over people with their force of
> charisma. In fact, they were small, boring men who got power because they gave
> people a chance to unleash their worst impulses. That was true of him and
> everyone he worked for.

Yeeeeep.

> But this man was different. From his languorous pose he radiated strength and
> raw power. His eyes were a deep abyss of hunger and pure control that Shadez
> Radikal wanted to be lost in forever. If Alexander the Great had been in the
> same room of this man he would have felt scared he wasn't cool enough.

:3 That's a really good description.

> "Welcome," the vampire said. "I am Didio Brando, Lord of the Revampires." He
> beckoned, and Shadez had to come to him. "None of these men were strong enough
> to bear the Change, but you just might. Tell me, what do you want?"
>
> "I..." He gave a truthful answer that surprised himself. "I want to be anything
> in the world other than what I am."

Daaaaaaaaaaang.

> Didio Brando chuckled. "Then you've come to the right place. Come to me." He
> beckoned Shadez, who could not help but obey. He stood still as Didio Brando
> took his face in his hands, and slowly thrusting his teeth into his neck. And
> then he could feel it, thrilling him with absolute rapture and terror, the
> Change...

Holy cow this is just a straight-up paranormal erotic thriller, huh

> As Angelique woke from her languor, she slowly remembered her new life. This was
> Maddie, her old friend, though their relationship had had rough patches, who'd
> helped her come to terms with being trans. Now they were fighting together in a
> Net.ropolis that, due to the narrative gravity of the planet Neme.sys, had
> fragmented into a series of dystopian alternate timeline scenarios. Their block
> was occupied by a timeline where the Raincoat Corporation's experiments had
> worked [see President Evil], and Net.ropolis was lousy with zombies. Now she was
> part of the resistance movement, but in her heart she knew what master she truly
> served.

Yessssss good.

> They ran away just as a bunch of zombies closed in on the Raincoat troopers and
> started making a midnight snack of them. "We made it." Maddie exhaled. "Thank
> god you're not an undead revenant."
>
> If only she knew.

Maddie becomes the new Ironic Woman.

> As Maddie led her away into the shadows, Angelique remembered something of her
> pocket. She took it out, turning over and examining it in the moonlight. It was
> a pair of shades, the last bit of her old identity.
>
> She threw them down and crushed them under her feet.

Astounding. <3

> Well, she thought, I've gone from being Poochie to being Pucci...

oh my fucking god XD I know you warned me but damn.

> I wrote this to patch up the big plot error I made re the Lurking (Re)vampire in
> the Pre-Final Epilogue/President Evil #6 (forgetting i'd already reintroduced
> her as Shadez Radikal) and also introduce Didio Brando properly in the present.
> I think this works well introducing the character before his backstory gets
> dropped in the Epilogue and makes some things make a bit more sense.

Yes, agreed. :>

> All of this is going to be followed up in The Liminals, as soon as I finish the
> Motivationquest storyline and that pesky flashback-within-a-flashback.

X3 <3

> I have one more WikiLull issue in me after this, one that is maybe half written
> and will hopefully see the light one of these days. It is A Lot even compared to
> the rest of this story, so be prepared.

I have a bunch of them that I might end up posting.

Drew "the good stuff" Nilium