LNH/REVIEW: The Tribulations of Kid Review Special: Powernaut 1988

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Oct 4 18:31:27 PDT 2019

On 2019-10-04 12:23, Drew Perron wrote:

> "Hey," says Writer's Block Person, popping up from behind the couch.
> "the last Review Special was Powernaut 1987! What gives?"
>
> "Well," says Kid Review, shrugging. "the thing is, I'm a basic bitch who
> knows what gives my brain some easy bursts of motivation, and the
> Powernaut comics are exactly that."

Well, all right.  My master plan to convert my fiction into
easily-readable form, is proceeding according to my master plan.  8{D>

> "So, Powernaut 1988. This is a much deeper dive into Superhuman World
> continuity than 1987 was, going right back to - I believe - the
> conclusion of the very first of Scott's original 'Me in the Marvel
> Universe' fics, and connecting it to the overarching narratives of the
> Powernauts and their enemies and allies."

You are correct as to the origin of this story.  And it's just as well
that I got around to retelling it without Loki and the Avengers.

> "And then... oh my goodness. Oh my *goodness*. The banter and
> interactions between Wyatt and the Powernaut! The tiny Sunbreaker! 'I'D
> RATHER DIE! Or go to Wyoming.' Astounding! Hilarious! Fun!"

Sometimes my characters play nicely together.  Certainly this bunch did
better than Wyatt did with Thor and Captain America.

> "I really enjoyed this colorful romp, and it really did help my brain
> get back in Fun Mode. Go read it if you need bursts of delight!"

Thank you for the kind words, Drew.

-- Scott