DIVA: End of an Era #2

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 08:28:12 PDT 2019

I just wanted to say that I am enjoying this so far. One thing I've always enjoyed about your writing is that it is at once precise and in earnest -- you pick the right word every time, and you strike this very heightened, arch, epic tone, and yet there's an intensity of feeling that risks undermining it but instead works with it. I don't know how you pull it off but you do so reliably. It's very operatic in that sense - intense, amplified, passionate emotion expressed through artifice.