DIVA: Twilight Sea

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 05:37:59 PDT 2019

A brief interlude; a peaceful shore.
Sounds really nice right about now, doesn't it?

========

Twilight Sea: A DiVerse Alpha Chronicle
by Felix

========

"Come sit with me
By Twilight Sea
Where sand and sky exist

They simply /are/
With no regard
For whether they'd be missed

If we could sim-ply
Chill where crim-son
Mingles with deep blue

In purple cast
I'd find at last
A little peace, with you."

"That is /lovely/," Miranda murmured dreamily as the soft tunes of the ukulele
faded away.  "I daresay you could match the God of Sound himself right now."

"Oh, competition really isn't my thing these days," the Alchemist returned with
a gentle smile.  "But that's very kind of you, thank you."

The Goddess of Desire propped herself up on her elbows, feeling the lavender
sand shift under her and hearing the soft wash of the waves.  "And what /is/
your thing these days, oh Alchemist?" she purred lightly, her eyes twinkling as
she looked up at the plain white wooden chair, overshadowed by a pastel pink and
blue beach umbrella.  "What desires might be found in that heart of yours, hmm?"

Long and silvery hair fell gracefully over the arm of the chair as the willowy,
dusky-skinned Alchemist leaned over it, a smile on his lips.  "Oh, the same
desires as ever, I suppose.  How did it go?"  His fingers - her fingers, as one
form fluidly gave way to another - lightly strumming the strings, a delicate
alto beginning.  "Peace and love on the planet- er... well, something like that
I suppose~."  She stretched with a long sigh, ukulele over her head - his head,
as form shifted once more.  "Whatever feels natural.  Wherever the aether guides
me."

Miranda smiled warmly, the beach goddess bleach-blonde and tan and curvy all
over.  "The same, and yet different.  My, how /bold/ you were back then; full of
fire and passion.  And rampantly chaotic enough to make poor Dio frown and tug
on his little beard, with all the things you did."

"I may have been a little zealous in my pursuits, to be sure," the Alchemist
admitted.  "But it worked out for the best, once I learned to ride the waves and
follow the current.  Time, place, nothing matters as much as /purpose/ - and the
aether will guide me there, be it fast or slow."  Her lips curled up in a slow,
easy smile.  "I needn't always try to hold the reins of fate."

"No?"

The Alchemist held his hand up to the Twilight's sky, and watched herself change
against the star-studded aetherial purple backdrop.  "No indeed.  Sometimes, an
arm's length is more than enough to grasp."