LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #118: LNH vII #11

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:29:20 PDT 2019

On Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 5:06:14 PM UTC-4, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> In this weeks reposting of stuff you can find in the eyrie archive
> https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/
> we have the eleventh issue of LNH volume II.
>
> We'll be skipping issue ten due to Tom considering it very problematic
> in this day and age.  You can check it out the eyrie archives to see if you
> agree with his decision if you want.. but today we're doing issue 11, which
> is also written by Tom Russell.  Will the Ultimate Ninja defund the LNH's library?
> And is this the first time Master Blaster and WikiBoy have interacted with each other?
> And will the Tom of today be incredibly embarrassed by this interaction?

Eh, a little?

If I was to do it over again, I probably would have toned down MB's sexism (or talked around it more rather than just letting him be crude). And while the entire idea of WikiBoy is that his suffering and abuse is the joke, that's a joke I probably wouldn't be telling today. (Though I suppose the running gags around Klutz - the guy in the 8foldverse with the bad luck powers that can't catch a break - derives from the same Charlie Brown punching bag place, though it's gentler and less dependent on others being cruel.)

But hey, the spectacle of these assorted easily-distracted goofballs absolutely failing to accomplish their mission gave me a few chuckles fourteen flipping years later, as did the complete lack of any kind of real plot.

Would I do it differently now? Sure. Do I wish I hadn't done it, as was the case with number ten? Nah, it's fine. :-)