DIVA: Tales of the Holy Mountain #3

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 00:07:36 PDT 2018

I wanted to use this series as grease for the creative gears, and so I have.
More than that, though, this one in particular is no more - or less - than a
simple nugget of truth about the two main characters.  It was going to be more,
but then I realized it didn't really /need/ to be.  The work it's based on has
plenty of short passages of its own, after all.

TALES OF THE HOLY MOUNTAIN: A DiVerse Alpha Chronicle
by Felix

03 - Masks

When Shirogami fights, on the rare occasion that she lowers herself to violence,
it is not to win. Not only that, at any rate.

In the White God's eyes, Kurogami is above fighting; she must be kept pure, her
hands unstained by such filthy things. And so Shirogami fights in her stead -
when she has to. But there is a part of her that, despite how distasteful it may
be, revels in the fight - perhaps too much.

So it is that Shirogami collects masks, and wears them as the occasion demands;
for the anonymity they grant is a powerful thing, and the ensuing freedom to
immerse herself in desires most unusual - even forbidden, in some eyes - is a
heady rush for the White God.

Kurogami is always herself, but Shirogami, mysterious as the moon, has many
faces.