META: Theme Songs!

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 15:00:53 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ooooh! Maybe... the Pet Shop Boys? Soft Cell?

Pet Shop Boys makes sense because it makes me think of
Gillen/McKelvie--Kieron Gillen said they're "the pet shop boys of
comics." The shadow of their work is very long in this series, which
is especially noticeable in #2, drawing on WicDiv and Phonogram as
well as Morrison's interpretation of the New Gods. Liminals is
definitely part of the British superhero comics tradition of Moore,
Morrison, Gillen, and Paul Hardy's Legion of Occult Heroes as well.
Thought it's also pretty anime. (Which makes it kind of like
Claremont/Sienkiewicz New Mutants as well.)

> (Speaking of, I realized that Writer's Block Person would have a theme by
> Erasure. The *gayest* synthpop. :D And the least self-aware.)

Yess, that's so great.

--
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig