META: Theme Songs!

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat May 13 08:49:45 PDT 2017

On 5/11/2017 11:36 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, in the interest of getting more discussion going, and also having a
>> place to put my silly thoughts about writing: What band or artist would do
>> the theme song for your series?
>
> Ultimate Mercenary: Probably Maximum the Hormone, of Death Note fame,
> for that mid-2000s sense of unfocused young masculine anger but with a
> sense of OTT absurdity and fun.

*listens to some* Wow. XD Yes, it definitely hits all of those. Very appropriate.

> The Liminals: Definitely synthpop or new wave of some kind. (Which is
> most of what i listen to when I write it.) Maybe Depeche Mode? Talking
> Heads is stylistically right but not quite gay enough, while Duran
> Duran is not self aware enough.

Ooooh! Maybe... the Pet Shop Boys? Soft Cell?

(Speaking of, I realized that Writer's Block Person would have a theme by
Erasure. The *gayest* synthpop. :D And the least self-aware.)

> For LNH20 Comics Presents and other LNH20, probably Daft Punk, in a
> mix of Tron Legacy soundtrack mode and retro-funk mode.

Oooooh, nice. :3 That captures a lot of that feel.

I was trying to think of a theme for the Spoon of Destiny Saga itself...
something that represents that powerful, chaotic sense of creation... Mozart
collaborating with Great Big Sea. Yes.

> For my classic LNH work, of course, They Might Be Giants.

:3 Naturally! <3 I think FLASH! would have a TMBG theme, since it represents all
of the LNH, and that's the LNH-iest band.

Drew "classical folk rock" Perron