LNH: Visitors

George Phillies phillies at 4liberty.net
Sun Jun 25 12:54:36 PDT 2017

"Be back in a moment," Cosmic Cataclysm Lass announced to her brother.
"Powder Room Break."

She touched the doorknob.  The inconceivable force of three
universe-destroying explosions threw her across the room, burying her
two feet deep in the room's impervium armor plate wall.

"Interesting door knobs they have here," her brother, the Master of
Cosmic Law Alteration announced. Cosmic Cataclysm Lass had several more
pointed remarks as she pried her way out of the Lass-shaped dent in the
wall.  "Of course," her brother announced, "if that door is stuck we
could use you to knock a hole in the wall."

Cosmic Cataclysm Lass had several more pointed comments. "All I was
going to do was switch to my new costume."

"No, that won't work," he announced.  "We can't use you. The armor in
this wall is actually infinitely thick. And one inch thick at the same
time.  That's very clever. By the way, did you read the sign by the door
knob?"

"This universe needs instructions on its door knobs? Where do they find
people that stupid?"  She knelt next to the door. "It says here that any
effort to leave will be blocked by a  force three times as large as your
power. But I barely touched...oh, your maximum power."

"Problem solved.  I shall transform momentarily to Zero Lord, the man
with absolutely no powers at all." He leaned on the door knob. "Hmm.
Minor problem.  With zero strength, I can't budge the knob."

"Power of infinite strength," she announced.

"And then I get thrown across the room at three times infinite force,"
he objected.

"And pull the door closed."

"Of course." The Master of Natural Law used his invincible power of
natural law alteration to endow himself with infinite strength. He
pulled on the door. There was a huge crash as he was ejected from the
room, preceded by remnants of the door,  at 37 times the speed of light,
only to be brought to a stop in six feet by the wall partition opposite.

"You were going a bit fast," a young lady standing by the doorway said.

Cosmic Cataclysm Lass took the available moment to step out of the room.

"Yes, oh, wait, just a moment. Let Time Stop! No, wrong line. Let Time
Reverse, but only over there!" There was the indescribable flicker of
negative light as a second person appeared from nowhere.  "Apologies,"
he said to the person.  "The door opened a bit quickly, and you had the
misfortunate timing to be standing in front of it. Now you haven't died
after all."

"Oh, I see. Don't worry.  Around here this happens all the time."

"We were coming to see the RACCies, because I so wanted to meet
Starsmasher afterward," Cosmic Cataclysm Lass announced.  "But it seems
that that was not to be."