SW10/LNH/WWW: Power School 2013 #4: I Hear We Have Celebrities!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jun 21 19:08:17 PDT 2017

Power School vs. the Legion comes closer, as we introduce the
celebrities in the audience.  Next, our Battle Chess teams, as Power
School 2013 continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2013.htm#4

This is Guest Star Week.  I can fairly dedicate it, to absent friends of
both myself and RACC.  They are creators of characters who have inspired
others for decades.  They're probably out there somewhere, just not on
the Interwebs... Cheers!

Bonus Section: Paulie's ONLINE Pen Pals!

David the Jellyfish

I thought I knew of what your world considers celebrities, but I am not
familiar with all of these you mention.

Paulie Poderr

Hello, David and the Space Jellyfish!  We have people of Net.ropolis and
people of Power City in this strip.

-    Ultimate Ninja.  He started leading people of Net.ropolis during
crises in the 1990s.  And he stayed around.  When the city decided to
have a special class for its younger heroes, he was the obvious leader -
and the obvious principal.

-    Galatea.  She is ancient, but has resurfaced in the modern age
(ref: 1944, http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1944.htm#5).
Maybe she wants to see if modern superhero games are anything like the
original Olympics.  So she helps lead the Net.ropolis High School.

-    Bandoliers.  The first Bandolier was a human vigilante, albeit with
impressive armor.  He faced the first wave of superhumans on our world -
as an equal.  He's been wounded and wearied since, but his daughter
carries on with him and for him.  He adopted her.  She's the daughter of
superhumans, and she inherited their powers - plus her adoptive father's
armor.  In her debut she hunted... Psychovant, in *his* debut!  (ref:
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/iran.htm)

-    Lucianus Autonomus.  He was Fidel Castro's favorite boxer once.
He's also the nearest thing this world has, to a "Sorcerer Supreme".
(ref:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/lucianus.htm)

-    Vara Hosea.  She was a famous pianist, but she got channeled by
mystic death-force.  So she became a superhuman, alongside superheroes.
She's stepped back from that, but she can still guide the others of her
community in times of crisis (ref: 2006).  She has long worked closely
with Lucianus Autonomus.  In this world, they are married - and the
parents of Vicki, our Candy Coach!

I know. - Archie Andrews