SW10/LNH/WWW: Power School 2013 #2: Battle Chess!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jun 13 19:20:30 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-12 19:47, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 6/7/2017 8:30 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The confrontation between Power School and the Legion of Net.ropolis
>> High School begins to take shape.  Meanwhile, last week we learned
>> something was coming from Siberia, so naturally it's time to
>> investigate... outer space!!  Power School 2013 continues.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2013.htm#2
>
> Oooooh, I love that back-and-forth. :D

yay

> That said, I'm surprised you haven't identified the Legionnaires yet.

... Next week, I start the introductions!  And by "next week", I mean
"within the next two days".

>> But they still borrowed the spaceship (and its pilots) from
>> DuoPolarity of Boston; they have the best spaceships.  They've been
>> around since the 1990s, and they've done a lot of upgrades since
>> then.  (see, http://www.eilertech.com/stories/iip_bos.htm !)
>
> Fascinating! I like their philosophy, and their logo.

yay.  I was afraid their logo was simplistic (and not just simple).  If
I were inclined, I'd jazz it up a bit nowadays.  But even in a *modern*
Powernaut comic, there is not a lot of room for improvement.

> (And the bit at the bottom of that page intrigues me. X3)
>
> Drew "hello scum" Perron

heh, Wyatt Ferguson was their webmaster in the 1990s.  If Java applets
still worked nowadays, the bottom would eventually say "Hello Friend".
But it would probably be wrong for me to make it work with modern tech.

I know. - Archie Andrews