LNH: Another LNH Title? Really? #8: Odd Love

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 20:16:27 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:

> SStO is an amazing character when written well

One of the things I've been playing with is the different purposes her
statements can serve. Maybe she's trying to conceal something, or
pointing out something someone else didn't notice... or maybe she's
just stating the obvious.

> Yeah!! Our cultural idea of what romantic and sexual relationships need to
> be is destructive and limiting!

Writing about the way people deal with romance, relationships and sex
has been a preoccupation of mine since... Ultimate Mercenary, really,
since UM's confusion at to negotiate all that and deal with it by
(poorly) repressing everything was a key theme of that series.

> Oh my god. XD That is not a bit of continuity I expected.

Unexpected continuity is a big part of my aesthetic....

> XD :3 I didn't expect this to get even gayer

... so is unexpected gay.

>> That wasn't the problem in and of itself. Oddball LNH members weren't
>> *quite* the same people as their counterparts, and also the idea of
>> making out with a version of you, while weird, was honestly kind of
>> hot.
>

> I mean. Yeah >#>

Well that whole train of thought was inspired by WBP so XD

>> And yes, the final reveal was a big part of why I brought back Mistake.
>

> Fascinating. :o
>
> Drew "wondering where that's goin'!" Perron

I really have no idea myself. I had intended to throw that twist into
the crossover and build on that later (or let other people do it), but
then decided it belonged in this story. So I have no idea where this
is going next. Or how this fits with what we know of AKLCWDW's past.
Or which LNHer, inevitably, is her and Mistake's child. If other
people have thoughts about that I would love to hear them.

--
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig