LNH20: Writer's Block Person #27

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 18:46:34 PDT 2017

One day, Writer's Block Person decided to write a bunch of flash
fiction. THEN NINJAS ATTACKED

----

The lightbulbs were plucked fresh from the fields. We noticed when they
sang, as the tingling energy of solar-fueled electricity filled them.
But we did not notice when they cried, as the candles were blown out.

"...what?" said Kid Review.

"This Night Vale stuff is harder than it looks," said Writer's Block Person.

----

"Is it hard to be a fish?" Writer's Block Person asked.

"Is it hard to be a man?" the fish asked.

"Oh, actually, I'm not a man, I'm genderfluid," said Writer's Block Person.

"I know, I was using 'man' in the sense of 'human being'," said the fish.

"I think that meaning's kind of deprecated nowadays," said Writer's
Block Person.

"What do you expect? I'm a fish!" said the fish.

----

"No, but seriously, I often have a hard time getting my thoughts edited
down into a shorter form, so I'm hoping that this exercise can help--"
(1/216)

----

On the last day of the world, as the continents were cracking apart, a
figure stood on the edge of the Earth. Lava bleeding out below their
feet, air boiling away around them, they lifted their chin and whispered
a benediction.

"This is my narrative. Everybody lives."

And the day was saved.

----

Novelty cheese hat, for sale, never worn.

----

"--and also worried by how social networks, when they increase in
popularity, become unsustainable, and resort to desperate moneymaking--"
(158/348)

----

Your three otherselves and six partners want to use a bushel of rainbow
scarves on you! Sound interesting? :3

----

My head is burning
I take it out
Into my palms go the fire
Into the keyboard, into the keys
Anger and pain and desire and helpless need
And it flows rivers down the logic pathways
And it sizzles and becomes words
And it becomes understanding and empathy and joy
The fire becomes a golden sunset
And I sleep

----

"--and that's why we should all go back to Usenet."
(1025/1024)

----

Drew "I have had quite a day" Perron