MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World part 61

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 22:06:43 PDT 2017

On 4/6/2017 9:43 PM, George Phillies wrote:
> Reply to comment of "The Girl Who Saved the World".
>
> >> When I skimmed later parts of the book, it was really
> >> obvious that the people who did not want to believe the Liouville-Gibbs
> >> theorem were prepared to say almost anything in order to discredit it. I
> >> don’t know if they were lying out of habit, but they were certainly
> >> working hard at lying, for no particularly obvious reason. Indeed, one
> >> of the later chapters, one that I much enjoyed reading carefully, spent
> >> its time going through the arguments against the Liouville-Gibbs
> >> theorem, and explaining exactly how the authors of the arguments had
> >> cheated in making their cases. Learning how people cheat in arguments is
> >> good.
>
> > Is [Eclipse?] autistic?
>

 > Please explain your comment. I'm not complaining, but I am curious
 > what you are thinking to reach this point.

Well, she reminds me of other autistic people I've known. She has a very
systematized way of thinking about things, she carefully builds herself
habits and routines, she often doesn't understand the fixations or
communication habits of "normal" people... I mean, not intuitively
understanding how lying works is exactly the kind of thing I think of.

Drew "probably autistic myself" Perron