LNH/META: A New Flash of Adventure!

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:41:12 PDT 2016

After having various adventures over the summer that took me away from setting
the whole thing up, I'm finally getting FLASH! LNH Comics Presents Monthly
going! Here's an email I sent out to the Google Group, and individually to
pretty much everyone who's written an LNH story over the past few years:

Good evening/morning/afternoon (depending on your time zone), fellow writers!
I'd like to know if any of you would like to contribute to FLASH! LNH Comics
Presents Monthly!

For those of you who haven't been hanging around RACC lately, F!LNHCPM is a
thing I stole from Tom. No, wait, I mean it's a monthly anthology title
featuring short stories from a variety of writers taking place in the various
LNH settings. It's going to feature one-offs and ongoing serials, with new and
old characters and settings. I already have a couple of authors lined up, along
with myself, but I'd love to have anyone who's interested on board!

Originally, I was going to take after Mighty Medley and limit it to one-page
stories, but I realized that for some writers, that's too harsh of a limit -
while for others, it's a useful restriction to work to. (I know that the
one-page limit has been helpful for me!) Therefore, for FLASH!, I've set several
story lengths that you can write to:

Diamond level - 100-word stories (which are the *definition* of drabbles, I
don't care what anyone says)
Gold level - One-page stories
Molybdenum level - Three-page stories (a tentative maximum for the series; if we
need to bump that up, we can)

Furthermore, not everybody's going to be able to write every month; if you're
interested at all, you can sign up as either an every-month Unicorn Contributor
or an only-sometimes Dragon Contributor. I'll send pokes out each month to
everyone who's signed up, but I'll wait for the unicorns to send their stories
for the month in before posting an issue (and I'll give them extra pokes to make
sure they get it in).

In terms of content, the sky's the limit. The thing the LNH imprint specializes
in, as I see it, is superheroes who are the kind of people who don't usually get
to be superheroes - you know, Limp-Asparagus Lad, Sister State-the-Obvious,
Bad-Timing Boy, Cheesecake-Eater Lad, Cynical Lass, etc. Even beyond the
metafiction and the silliness - important parts of the LNH brand, to be sure -
it's a world where people's personality flaws are superpowers. That's the spirit
I want to see in our stories.

Anyway, let me know if you want to sign up, and if you have any questions or
concerns. I'm thinking of the first issue being mid-November, or mid-December,
depending on how long it takes to get things together and how much people want
to write. Thanks!

Drew "net.zero to net.hero" Perron