SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #13: Get Ready for Reality Shift!

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:21:08 PDT 2016

On 9/27/2016 9:15 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2016-09-25 10:32, Drew Perron wrote:
>> On 9/14/2016 8:55 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>>> The guy with the Power-Vision can see what's coming. The
>>> Powernauts of 2006 have done their best against Ultimate Darkness,
>>> but now it's over.
>>>
>>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#13
>>
>> Well that's a lot darker of an ending than I expected. (Ba-dum-tiss!)
>
> Yeah...  Me too.  But my stories go where they want to go.

Oh, that's not a complaint. :> This is cool.

> Plus... I believe people may have said, my stories sometimes go too fast and
> skip some important things.  Imagine if I'd skipped the Earth being consumed by
> darkness.

Truth!

>>> Ultimate Darkness:
>>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ultimate_Darkness.htm
>>
>> Hmmmm. I love the idea of it just being the greater *scope* of
>> existence. But the whole "oh well if you approach it and you're
>> confident YOU GET SMASHED" feels a little... I dunno, trying too hard to
>> be badass? ^^; I dunno, it just feels *tonally* at odds.
>
> When you've swallowed every universe, you don't have to *try* to be badass.
> Besides, that's almost exactly how Ultimate Darkness vs. the Swamp Thing went.
> It was basically the *theme* of that episode... though admittedly, everyone
> other character made it about Good vs. Evil, not Light vs. Darkness.  (You
> should have seen what happened to the Spectre.)  But in my own writings, I'm not
> so much about Good and Evil. People don't measure Goodness or sign Evil Oaths,
> after all.  So I've made it about whether one is really scared by the Darkness.
> 8{D>

See, I agree. <3 But it feels like... you're saying if you're scared of the
Darkness, you'll be protected from it? And if you're *not* scared, you'll be
destroyed by it? And that seems thematically wrong. XD

Drew "or something like that; my criticisms tend to start as intuitive feels
that I try to put into words and only sometimes express well" Perron