MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World, Part 52.

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:05:36 PST 2016

On 11/13/2016 12:59 AM, George Phillies wrote:
> “We must mobilize the people of the world,” Holmgren said, “to turn their united
> talents to capturing this person.

And there came a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest personas were
united against a common threat!

> In
> particular, we must capture this Eclipse person and free the Namestone before it
> falls into truly wrong hands.  Can you imagine what the League of Terran Justice
> would do with it?”  The League of Terror and Injustice was a permanent thorn in
> Holmgren’s side.

Glee supervillains :3

>  “All the power of all the world’s investigatory agencies, from the Okhrana to
> the fabled Pinkertons, are hot in her pursuit,” said Elizaveta Romanoff.

Miss Marple is asking everyone in St. Mary Mead! Nick and Nora Charles are
downing vodka martinis as we speak!

> “Should you not have some plan for dealing with her before you find her?”
> American Ambassador Thaddeus Buncombe showed his usual practical nature. “Lest
> you find yourself like the miniature poodle that treed the pride of lions?

That's a great metaphor

> Eclipse is a
> persona of no slight power.  The most obvious demonstration of this is the dog
> that did not bark.”
>
> “Ahh, the Great English Detective Helmesham,” Legate Saigo said.
>
> “Precisely.  This person is being attacked by our League’s most powerful Strike
> Team, not to mention a Lord of Eternity.  What does she do?  Nothing.

Another good metaphor!

> While she is shorter than history books report, it is
> possible that the Namestone is now in the hands of the Silver General.”  Looks
> of horror criss-crossed the room.  “Some would feel surprise that the Supreme
> Mistress of Terror and Treachery was found worthy.”

I love how full of *weird history* this world is. It feels sort of like a world
that's the outcome of a game of Civilization V with a bunch of weird-ass mods?

>  “Perhaps we should ask those who have so-far remained silent if they had
> anything useful to add?” Elizaveta Romanoff made her grandmotherly smile,
> knowing the Special Peace Executive would hear effusive promises of support,
> promises that she knew to be of dubious reliability.

She seems cool. :>

Drew "grandmotherly" Perron