DIVA: SYSTEMIC #2

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 02:40:40 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 2:01:51 AM UTC-5, George Phillies wrote:
> Is it just me or are these folks from a LOST UNIVERSE?

I wouldn't say that, though they're certainly SLAYERS of a sort.  :wiggles eyebrows:

The pentagonal wormhole here is specific to the Pantheon.  Mortals use eight-sided
aetheric gates that can either be point-to-point or connected to a sort of network
where you can choose your destination (it's controlled by a mysterious organization,
naturally) but the Deities can simply use rune magic - the Word there - to simply
rewrite reality on the fly and tunnel directly to locations.

Five and eight are important for reasons that eventually become clear if you're
familiar enough with the DiVerse.  It probably won't show up in this tale, though.

- Colin