SW10/WWW/PRECOG: Powernaut Coming Attractions

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Aug 15 18:58:11 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-15 13:08, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 7/29/2016 9:35 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>> 1. Power School 2013: Homecoming! Uh oh, there's a monster on the
>> march from 2012. Who or what might be cheering it on? (Clues in the
>> most recent RACCies!) But first, Power School and Legion of
>> Net.High School have to decide what kind of game their teams play
>> at their Homecoming ceremony!
>
> Oooh, interesting. Not, say, Net.ropolis High?

ehh, maybe.  I should probably give LNH fandom the naming privilege for
their team...  and I see one vote for Net.ropolis High.  And Avengers
Academy vs. the Wolverine School for Gifted Youngsters, proves
Net.ropolis does not have to be near Power City (now in Oregon) to have
a good rivalry.  So, I could see the Power School Dynamos vs. the
Net.ropolis High Legion.

>> - It'll have to be a game which allows both strategy and melee
>> skill. Melee would resemble flag football. For strategy I'm
>> currently leaning toward some sort of battle-chess, though
>> battle-Othello is also a possibility if each school can bring 32
>> participants instead of just 8 and some pawns. But I'm eager to
>> hear other options.
>
> Human-size Heroclix?

Well, isn't that what superheroes *are*?  I think Our Teachers would
like some more ritualized form of combat.

>> I currently lean toward Powernaut 1987.  Still... Opinions, anyone?
>
> I mean, I always like The Big Game, and I think we're all a little
> burned out on origins; OTOH, that very overstimulation may make 1987 the
> perfect fit.
>
> Drew "hard to say two weeks later" Perron

I can always hope.  I'm not deep enough into Powernaut 1987 to be
committed to it yet, but I kind of think the retroactive adventures of
Happy Bears And Their Amazing Friends might get really old really fast.

I know. - Archie Andrews