SW10/WWW/PRECOG: Powernaut Coming Attractions

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:08:19 PDT 2016

On 7/29/2016 9:35 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> 1.  Power School 2013:  Homecoming!  Uh oh, there's a monster on the march from
> 2012.  Who or what might be cheering it on?  (Clues in the most recent
> RACCies!)  But first, Power School and Legion of Net.High School have to decide
> what kind of game their teams play at their Homecoming ceremony!

Oooh, interesting. Not, say, Net.ropolis High?

> -  It'll have to be a game which allows both strategy and melee skill. Melee
> would resemble flag football.  For strategy I'm currently leaning toward some
> sort of battle-chess, though battle-Othello is also a possibility if each school
> can bring 32 participants instead of just 8 and some pawns.  But I'm eager to
> hear other options.

Human-size Heroclix?

> 2.  Powernaut 1987:  Powernaut Year One!  The franchise got rebooted in 1985,
> and it's time for Our New Hero!

Ahhhhh, nice. XD

> 3.  Power-STAR Comics 1984 Part 2:  Hyper-Power Crisis Wars!  The Powernaut 1985
> series started with invading heroes, but never told how they came to Earth.
> This prequel series would fill in that blank.

Interesting.

> -  This is (as you may have noticed) a blank I was perfectly willing to leave
> blank.  The reason I'm considering it right now, is that it's funnier than the
> other options.  I've made funny stories about Nazis, kidnapping, marooning, mind
> control, and the end of the world... well, I laughed anyway.  So I'm confident I
> can *make* those other new stories funny.  But the Hyper-Power Crisis Wars
> prequel practically writes its own laugh track.

I mean, that's fair.

> I currently lean toward Powernaut 1987.  Still... Opinions, anyone?

I mean, I always like The Big Game, and I think we're all a little burned out on
origins; OTOH, that very overstimulation may make 1987 the perfect fit.

Drew "hard to say two weeks later" Perron