DIVA: Pick-Up Team

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 22 19:00:43 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-22 18:40, deucexm wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 8:26:28 PM UTC-5, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Now, is this another world of the DiVerse, or a video game within it?
>> But you can feel free to say "Shut up and read the sequel to find out"!
>
> That wouldn't be very charitable of me, seeing as there's no sequel.  :)
>
> Yes, and yes.  Devworld is an alternate realm of existence where the 'players' -
> known as Divers - access it by projecting their /soul/ into it; it's essentially
> the astral plane in game form (though there's already an aetheric plane which is
> separate from Devworld, yet Devworld exerts influence on it; it gets confusing).
> And yes, you can get trapped in Devworld if your body gets messed up while
> you're Diving; that's a plot point in one of the as-yet-unpublished (and also
> unfinished) stories.

I should really explain my own hyper-realms sometimes.  I once started
to do that, with a story I eventually called "Hypernauts".
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/fantasywar.htm)  But this was
before I conceived of Hypergaard (important to Powernaut stories, and
therefore retroactively to the whole continuum).  So I may need to
continue that story.

> It was created as a joint project by Rosewood and Eris, the DiVerse's Goddesses
> of Design and Chaos respectively, and that's a /completely/ different tale.
> Because of /course/ they have reasons for making it.  :)

... See?  We may not see the Pick-Up Team again.  (I, of course, am lazy
and so I reuse every character I possibly can.)  But you've got plans
for the whole world.  Sequel!

I know. - Archie Andrews