SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2012 #1: 100 Years of Powernaut!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 23:53:18 PDT 2015

On 9/11/2015 9:17 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> That's a really good question...  Let's ask Pauly!

Ah, good use of the gimmick! <3

> Hi, Andrew!  Students in Power School have to:
>
> (1) Be of human or near-human intelligence.  Aliens welcome!  We might have to
> decide about (say) the singing buffalo, though.

Fair, fair.

> (2) Have some power which is beyond or outside the maximum range of normal human
> powers.  (The exact language is a lot more precise; Professor Powernaut helped
> draft it.  But it's also something we seldom have to refer to.  People usually
> know superhumans when they see them in action.)

Reasonable, sensible.

> It doesn't matter how strong or
> useful the power may seem to be.  Power School teaches a use for *everything.*

Excellent!

> or
>
> (3) Be related to someone who has such powers.  *Almost* all the teachers agreed
> with Principal Powernaut:  Relatives of superheroes need to be ready for
> superhero crises, and possibly to receive superhero powers themselves.  That's
> kind of how I got into Power School.

Hmmmmmm, interesting! Makes sense, though.

> There's one more limitation we don't have to put in the rules:  They have to be
> here on our Earth.  The doors which let people get here from that old Earth in
> 2011, didn't let everyone in.  We got only the reasonably pure of heart.  Don't
> ask me how they determined "pure".  But five Powernauts were operating the
> doors, and they have power-senses plus other ways of telling.

Oho. Definitely something worth establishing.

> We hope you can refer someone!  We have some rivalries and stuff, and I don't
> always like everyone or everything.  But none of us are really bad people.

Awwwwww. <3 Hm. So should I make a new character for this, or hand you one of my
characters to make an alternate version of from this world?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or... suchlike