GODLING # 49 All-American Hero style? by J. Vandersteen

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 20 20:46:17 PDT 2015

On 5/20/2015 7:21 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:

> I guess having gods in comics can be a bit risky. One of the plots I
> wanted to deal with was how largely Christian USA looks at Godling
> and his promoting Greek gods. I never really got around to that story
> but will in the future.

Now that's the sort of thing I really enjoy in a comic about the gods.
To my knowledge, you'd be the first to write something like that.
Wonder Woman comics of the late 1980s had a good chance to deal with
that, but I don't recall anything substantial.  And Thor came up with
one issue with one villain called The Crusader.

> Anyway, I was a bit surprised by the mention
> that there are still folks around who worship the Olympians. I do
> think the original myths have them act just as heroic and just as
> selfish as my stories do.

Yep.  I don't recall ever faulting you for your portrayal of the gods.

> Just wait what happens in the double-sized issue 50!!!

Oooh, a challenge where we guess!  I'll guess...  Zeus comes down to be
the champion himself!  He wants to be close to that mortal culture which
he loves, and he craves adventure!  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews