LNH/META: Let's Parody Some Comics!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jan 30 19:42:54 PST 2015

On 1/28/2015 9:51 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> So Grant Morrison's Multiversity Handbook just came out, and it's the
> kind of thing that both fires your synapses for ultimate ideas and makes
> you groan and say "Why did they do that?". Therefore, it's the perfect
> thing for our kind of parody! I challenge every writer on the newsgroup
> to contribute to LOONIVERSE CHRONICLES SPECIAL: LOONIVERSITY HANDBOOK!
>
> Rules:
> 1.) All you need is the name of the world (usually Looniverse-<number>
> or Looniverse-<letter>, but feel free to go nuts) and a paragraph or two
> describing it, taking about the high concept and naming some of the big
> heroes and teams of the world. The funnier, the better!

On the surface, this sounds like the Catalog of Earths only with more
Grant Morrison genius.

> 2.) You can make up a new world, or do one that's shown up in the LNH
> before - see http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Omnilooniverse for a sadly
> incomplete reference.
> 3.) To stick to the theme, let's leave out any pre-existing setting that
> isn't LNH-related - though it'd be perfectly in-theme to do an LNH-y
> pastiche of another RACC world.

SW10 has pastiches of DC and Marvel Universes, as witness Jimmy Flamer
and certain dogs which fight over Engines of Reality.  I don't think
they count as LNH'y, though.  And it would confuse things to make
pastiches of these.  Though I really can't stop people who want to make
their own...  8{O>

In short, I may not be the target audience for this push.

I know. - Archie Andrews