LNH/META: Let's Parody Some Comics!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:51:16 PST 2015

So Grant Morrison's Multiversity Handbook just came out, and it's the kind of
thing that both fires your synapses for ultimate ideas and makes you groan and
say "Why did they do that?". Therefore, it's the perfect thing for our kind of
parody! I challenge every writer on the newsgroup to contribute to LOONIVERSE
CHRONICLES SPECIAL: LOONIVERSITY HANDBOOK!

Rules:
1.) All you need is the name of the world (usually Looniverse-<number> or
Looniverse-<letter>, but feel free to go nuts) and a paragraph or two
describing it, taking about the high concept and naming some of the big heroes
and teams of the world. The funnier, the better!
2.) You can make up a new world, or do one that's shown up in the LNH before -
see http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Omnilooniverse for a sadly incomplete reference.
3.) To stick to the theme, let's leave out any pre-existing setting that isn't
LNH-related - though it'd be perfectly in-theme to do an LNH-y pastiche of
another RACC world.
4.) Heck, Multiversity has a ton of pastiches of other comics - feel free to
go nuts, but if you're doing something on RACC, get permission first.
5.) An unlimited number of entries are allowed, but if you want to do a
pre-existing world in the Omnilooniverse, I'd explicitly say you're reserving it.
6.) When you're done, email it to me at pwerdna at gmail.com or post it to the
LNH Author's Group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lnh-authors ,
and I'll put them all together into one fancy file!

I'm going to reserve the Tooniverse for myself - I've got a file full of ideas
already that I haven't been able to fit into Just Another Cascade. And I'll
pick up any that anyone else doesn't want to do, including the boring ones
that we write in all the time. (Psssh, losers.)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, go 4 it!