RACCIES: 2014 (21st Annual) RACCies Ceremony (3/3)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 23:26:37 PDT 2015

On 4/24/2015 9:54 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:

> Vester and Floy said blankly together, "'Hug armor'??"

I LOVE IT.

> Exie Gudrun's electronic suit emitted a fuzzy pink force field in the shape of
> her body, lifting her off the floor.  As she walked toward the center of the
> confrontation, dumbfounded heroes and warriors stood aside.
>
> "Yes!!"  Back in headquarters, Alpha Brown and Ransom Speculoos high-fived
> each other.  "Theta radiation output working!"

Oh, *good* reference.

> Exie spread her big fuzzy arms wide.
>
> A tear came to one of Ress's eyes.  She rushed to Exie's embrace.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

> This one's presented by...  Hot Damn!
> Salsa the Kinky Roommate and her Fapmaster Fapatron Fap-Thousand!  Lemme know
> if you ever need a real man, babe!"
>
> The monitor flashed "ACRA".  A woman in lingerie came on stage, dragging a
> giant dildo with industrial-strength electric cables.  "Uh, are you sure I'm
> even part of this group?"

Oh god. XD

> "Next, RACC3, FAVORITE MINI-SERIES!  Presented by the Guardian of Paragon
> City!  Dude!"  A large white-bearded man in caped tunic walked on stage, with
> a battle staff.  "What's your name?"
>
> "My name is meaningless outside our City.  There were *many* of us, of many
> names and species.  I remain only in memory of those who observed us."

augh ;.; City of Heroes, I miss you so much.

> Gjallar snickered.  "So, Agent Tatum, have you found the secret of Octo-Boy yet?"
>
> "Why do you ask?  Octo-Boy's not under observation!"

Heeheehee.

> The display showed, "RACC5, FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:  Legion of Net Heroes
> Volume 2 Number 50!  Accepted by Masterplan Lad!"  The audience clapped wildly
> as Masterplan Lad came on stage.

WOO YEAH

> A hippie in sunglasses, a tunic, and bell-bottom pants came on stage. He said,
> "Oh wow.  You so love your heroes."  The audience clapped politely.

YEAH!

> As the rainbow faded, Painful Pun Person said, "Well, we've saved the world
> from Dorfs.  I'm going to Dorf-free-land."
>
> Poignant Death Lass said, "At times like this I actually miss Horrible Name Lad."

*cackles*

> "Now, RACC7, FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST!  Presented by Ms. Telemachus from
> the Ohio School!"

Woohoo! <3

Awwwwwwwww. <3

> "Huh?  What's this *All-New* Legion of Net.Heroes?"  "They win!"  "But we have
> runners-up!"
>
> The display showed, "RACC10, FAVORITE TEAM/GROUP:  The All-New Legion of
> Net.Heroes!  Runners-Up:  Salon DYAL, the Dyzen'thari, and the Dorfs!"

YEAH! <3 Thanks to all of you from the whole group. <3

> The alien spewed... "Speak for yourself, Earth human!  LAN.os is no laughing
> matter!  Once I gain the love of The Goddess, I shall bring the universe under
> my boot heel!"

Heeheehee

> Meanwhile the anime creature's alphanumeric tower had reached above the
> stage.  Gjallar walked over.  "Hey, you.  Master Mime.  Which number's biggest?"
>
> The anime creature's eyes goggled.  Then he raced up the tower.
>
> Gjallar pulled a Zero from the base.  The tower collapsed, bringing the
> creature down with it.

Bwahaha. :D

> Gjallar paused a moment, and turned his head to the left as if listening to
> something.  Then he turned back to the audience.  "News from the judges!  We
> are gonna present THREE AWARDS AT ONCE!  Are You Ready??" The audience cheered.

WOO!

> The display showed:  "RACC12, FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE:  Mighty Medley!
>   RACC13, FAVORITE DRAMA/ACRAPHOBE:  Mighty Medley!  RACC21,  FAVORITE NEW
> TITLE:  Mighty Medley!  (Accepted by Darkhorse, Joan Smith, and Bastet)"

YEAH!

> The display showed, "RACC15.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:  Eightfold!
> Runners-Up:  Classic LNH and LNHY!  (Accepted by Julie Ann Justice, Fearless
> Leader, and Kid Enthusiastic-Y)"

YEAH! Man, it's the first time a non-LNH imprint has won since 1999!

> As in previous years, we're showing runners-up.  These are nominees which
> would have won or tied for first place if just one vote had been swapped one
> level, say between first and third place.

Makes sense.

> I know John Revolta is not eligible for an award in this year - but he's
> retroactively been around since 1979.  You'll see him in my stories soon.  I
> now consider him to be the guy who stands in for Johnny Rotten, if you should
> ever find out how the latter became a rival to Wyatt Ferguson in 2008.  Really.

Interesting!

> - When I created Gjallar, I was inspired by the story of Thor Sadler, son of
> Barry Sadler, author of "Ballet of the Green Berets".  Based on his father's
> memorabilia gallery, young Thor once thought America won the war *and* America
> was the Nazis.  Please don't make me look up that Internet reference; it seems
> to be too busy nowadays...  But it illustrates about how well Gjallar
> Johanssen got along with his father Sam.

Fascinating. O.o

> - But he was raised as the son of a world-conqueror.  And now he makes a good
> front man for diverse well-adjusted people including a former enemy!  In my
> world, the RACCies count!  And the ceremony has calmed Imperilus before.
> (2010!)  Perhaps they have redeemed him this time. And when he has friends
> such as Mashup Laq to help restrain him, his temper *might* work out.  Ms.
> Telemachus would be pleased.

Yeeee. <3 I was just saying to a friend that "bad person learns to be a good
person by hanging around good people" is one of my favorite tropes.

> - Ress is a character of Tom Russell, among the Orphans of Mars.  I took a
> challenge to include the phrase "Ress needs a hug" in the ceremony.  I hope
> I'm up to date on her motivations.  If not...  Tom, please know that the
> RACCies are non-binding and all that.

Mwahaha. <3

> I'd like to thank Andrew Perron for compiling the votes and reviewing the
> ceremony, particularly for creative input in the "Dark Kid Enthusiastic"
> sequence.

Quite welcome!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Jan" Perron, sleepytimes