LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - October 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Nov 29 12:34:53 PST 2014

On 11/29/2014 10:36 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:

>      "It's been a whole year since the first issue of this review series!
> WOO! How am I doing so far? Anything you'd like to see? (Other than
> consistently updating on time, eheh...)"

Well, like Tom said... you promise us reviews and we get them.  What's
to improve upon?

> Powernaut 1944 #8-9
> "Power Stars starring The Secret Commando!" and "Power Stars starring
> Zenobia!"
> A Superhuman World [SW10/WWW] webcomic
> by Scott Eiler
>
> "The narrative of the Secret Commando departs from the usual for the
> Power Stars, as he becomes a rumor shared between two other soldiers. I
> like this - it makes the 'secret'-ness feel more real, and the reference
> to the Civil War fits the era well.

Thanks.

> (Though the reference to Amazons is
> confusing - doesn't quite fit the type of story they're telling, and
> also feels like something that needs expanded on in any case.)"

On the one hand, I agree; that was the one panel the story didn't really
need, and I didn't have a lot of room to expand on it.  But on the other
hand...

> "Zenobia is just straightforwardly great - just the kind of person you
> want to find in a history book. I'm looking forward to the spinoff!"

... did you notice that the Amazon in the Secret Commando strip looked a
lot like Zenobia?  If and when I get a Zenobia story going, it'll
probably take place in the 1920s.

I know. - Archie Andrews