LNH20/ACRA: NHOP # 2

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:47:02 PST 2014

On 11/21/2014 10:22 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> On Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:45:13 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On 11/19/2014 8:29 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
<snip>
>>>      Maggie's about to say something when she hears the hiss of water in
>>> the bathroom. The faucet is running full-blast, and the sink quickly
>>> filling up with water. Maggie turns it off, and the water slowly
>>> recedes into the basin.
>>>      "That's weird," says Lily. "I could've sworn you turned it off before."
>>>      "Me too," says Maggie.
>>
>> I've got a sinking feeling...
>
> Ha!

Thankyew, thankyew. And now for our next guest...

Yes, very glad. @_@;

>>>      Hidden beneath FORBIDDEN DESERT ("we're trying to find pieces of a
>>> magic airship scattered in ancient ruins buried beneath the sand, and
>>> probably we're going to die of thirst!")
>>
>> Oh man. I've got Forbidden Island and it's tons-o-fun.
>
> They're similar games, from the same designer. Island has always struck me as too easy (we've never lost), and it doesn't scratch the same itch as their big brother PANDEMIC. But FORBIDDEN DESERT-- man! It is a seriously hard game to win (we've won *once*). I much prefer it to ISLAND-- if I had to own only one, it'd be DESERT-- but ISLAND is fun too.

Interesting. (We've definitely managed to lose Island when the starting
difficulty's turned up.) But that's definitely been on the To-Get list for a
while. Pandemic's on there more vaguely, since we don't often get above three
players available at once.

>>>      "Do you know how to use it?"
>>>      "Not in the slightest," says Lily as if she's proud of the fact.
>>
>> YOU SHOULD PROBABLY HAVE LEARNED A LITTLE JEEZ LILY
>
> In her defense, "paying attention" does not seem to be one of her primary attributes.

She used Perception as a dump stat! How does that even work

>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmmmm
>
> I'm going to have to take out an ad.
>
> "Of all the series on RACC, NHOP is definitely the most hmmmmmm. If you're looking for hmmmm, this is the right place." - Andrew Perron

Hmmmm-hmmmm good!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, maybe.