META: questions, like about what type of participation, from an artist

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:11:12 PST 2014

On 11/14/2014 10:34 PM, David Melik wrote:
> Eyrie.org seems to have a FAQ for this newsgroup that says the it is
> largely about fiction, but that there may also be art in the archives.
> Is this newsgroup also one in which artists and writers can meet to work
> on comics projects?

Ah! Greetings! Pull up a chair, have a cup of cocoa, and let me explain.

Basically, this group started as a place for original prose fiction inspired
by comics; traditionally superheroes, but also other genres. However, as of
late, we've had an increasing number of people working in the
honest-to-goodness comics medium join the community - pretty much all on the
webcomics side, which makes sense. We're not a Super Professional Network, but
there are a lot of talented and creative people here.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hope that helps!