LNH20: NHOP # 1

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:56:20 PST 2014

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:20:39 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 11/8/2014 2:53 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 8, 2014 12:47:43 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
> >> On 11/8/2014 7:06 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> <snop>
> >>
> >> I dunno, you both sound pretty cute.
> >
> > The author agrees, even if the character doesn't. :-)
>
> Good, good. <3
>
> >> No judgment (I definitely want to see where this is going), just an
> >> observation: This probably should've been tagged Acraphobe.
> >
>  > .... Hmm, you're probably right. I tend to think of the ACRA label as
>  > applying to particularly explicit sexual or violent content, or language--
>  > but I guess this does constitute violence of a sort, doesn't it? Sorry
>  > about that.
>
> Quite all right! It just definitely feels like "disturbing themes for mature
> readers". (Which makes me wonder if it's Lunaverse, but probably not.)

I guess I see where you're coming from. It just didn't strike me as necessarily disturbing-- at least not any more disturbing than the Classic LNH version of Maggie, who had the same powers/transformation, and the same issues vis-a-vis her body image.

I'll probably flag future issues with an ACRA though as the series will likely lean heavily towards horror-flavored adventure/mystery (with comical, character-based shenanigans). I'm aiming for something lighthearted, but spooky. We'll see how well I do-- lightness never being my forte.

> >> Hmmmmmmm...
> >
>  > If I'm reading the "Hmmmmmmm" correctly... This is a pretty normal thing
>  > for families to do when grieving, especially when the friend in question is
>  > partially, if accidentally, responsible for the death.
>
> I'm just not sure quite how to interpret "didn't want anything to do with".

I think it's a fairly common idiom-- at least it is in the Midwest-- if someone "doesn't want anything to do with" or "wants nothing to do with" someone, they don't associate with, and distance themselves from, the second party.

==Tom