8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 10, October 2014, by Messrs. Alambre, Brenton, Perron, and Russell

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 15:26:53 PST 2014

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:00:34 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 10/1/2014 6:44 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> <snip>
> > "Venting the Cybercore", by Andrew Perron
>
> Man, I forgot I wrote a story with such a cyberpunk title. It's appropriate,
> tho. <3

Fun title for a fun story.

> > She looks across the street for the next
> > bullet. This one breaks the window. So he is changing it up. Good. By
> > which she doesn't mean good, but the opposite of good.
>
> This is a really cool action sequence.

Thank you very kindly.

> > Because really, everyone's part of the field; most people just don't
> > notice it. She vibrates the air around her, boosting the signal to
> > give everyone in ten miles the same lovely about-to-puke experience,
> > including the ersatz speedster.
> >     In fact, and this is the best part, his stolen speed is going to
> > make it even worse. And like all speedsters the first time they notice
> > the field, his body's going to react by trying to cancel out the field
> > with a counter-vibrational frequency. Or, to put it another way, a
> > homing signal.
>
> Awesome. <3 <3 <3 Felt very Mark Waid Flash-y.

Oh, thank you very kindly sir-- that is very high praise indeed.

> >      "Very well then," said Joan, and took Deidre by the hand.  "We
> > step over... *this way*."  And after a few short paces they vanished.
> >      And then Lee, who was still someone stunned but was being led by
> > the synchronicity of the antibody reaction of an invading reality,
> > walked over and followed them through.
>
> Uh-oh! <3 I am enjoying this narrative although I don't tend to say a lot
> about the individual chapters.

I know what you mean. Whenever I write the teaser text, I have to resist the urge to just say, "You already know this serial is good; here's some more of it."

> >     As the dust settled, they saw a tall man in black, leaning against
> > a split-rail fence. His holsters held no guns, just knives.
> >     "The man what whittles wood," said Silke.
> >     "He whittles more than wood," said Hank. "He's the one took Celine!"
> >     The man shook his fist, and passed it lazy-like back and forth
> > through the fence like it weren't even there. "I'm the swiftest man
> > who lives. Also the deadliest. Perhaps you've heard of me. My name's
> > Jack Peake."
>
> GASP. <3 This is pretty great

Thanks. I hope this month's installment delivers on the promise of this reveal.

> >     This concludes this hour's crime-sheet! Tune in in *sixty minutes*
> > for more iniquitous updates, courtesy of Crime Headquarters!
>
> I love this so much. I need to use it somewhere. <3

Me too! Shared universe, baby!

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, to crime!

==Tom, gladdened and privileged to have Andrew, Saxon, and Wil on board