LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #50

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:35:13 PST 2014

One of these goofballs said:

> "Your right hand appears to be an alien shapeshifter. Your left hand
> is some virtual reality construct that doesn't really exist. Your right
> leg is robot duplicate of your leg. Your left leg is a prophecy from
> the future about your left leg.  And your buttocks appear to be from an
> alternate Looniverse (Earth-Millar) where every single member of the LNH
> is a complete asshole."  Dr. Stomper took a deep breath. "And your brain
> -- well, appears to be divided three ways. One part is a clone brain
> that seems to be controlled by an evil government conspiracy. The second
> part is controlled by some body jumping supervillain (Dr. What-Me-
> Acting-Strange). And the last part is being controlled by you. It's like
> your entire body is a composite of comic book tropes that Tom Russell
> doesn't like."
>
>     "So, what's this mean?" said Irony Man with an uneasy expression on
> his face.
>
>     Dr. Stomper took off his glasses and wiped them with his labcoat.
> "It means Tom Russell probably won't like this story when he reads it."

For the record, I liked it bunches and bunches. And coming from someone who has never had much use for the Dorfs, that's saying something. :-)

It was quintessentially an LNH story-- goofy characters, jokes (both clever and terrible [but good-terrible]), pop culture references, and at its core, something sad and serious and a little mysterious.

FYI, Painful Pun Person is now my favorite character.

Y'all did a great thing here.

==Tom