LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - June 2014

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:05:54 PDT 2014

On 7/7/2014 8:40 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
> On Monday, July 7, 2014 7:17:35 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
>
>>      I'd like to challenge everyone on RACC to do either one review or one
>> substantive reply to someone else's story per month.
>
 > I'll try my best to meet that challenge. The critical muscles and the
 > creative muscles are very different muscles, so it can be difficult to come
 > up with something meaningful to say.

I know hows it is. @. at v For several of the reviews I did this month, I felt
like I had exactly one point to make, and left them feeling a bit thin.

>> "In essence, two of the Eightfoldiverse's B-listers accidentally run
>> into each other on a train, and almost come to blows before discovering
>> each other's identities (in what looks like an homage to Superman #76
>> and/or Superman/Batman Annual #1)
>
> Not an intentional homage to any particular story-- just playing with the trope.

Ahhhhhh. Worked either way. <3

>> "...oh, hey, I kept reading and the story itself came to that conclusion
>> as well. Well! Very good then!"
>
> I am to deliver. :-)

I love reading smart stories. <3

>> "...right, moving right along. The story(ish) makes some very good
>> points about the different kinds of alien invasion. (I note that the
>> 'universal locusts' model is explicitly how the aliens from Independence
>> Day were described - coincidence? Inspiration?) I already made points on
>
> Coincidence. Not a fan of that picture.

Ahhhhh, fair. I think it's useful for mining ways to go over the top from, at
least. <3

>> And I note that the idea of 'the last
>> story' is an interesting one - but hopefully, not what Tom's aiming for
>> just yet."
>
 > No comment (directly) but one should note that Eightfold stories tend to be
 > tied to specific times and places, so even if there's a "last story"-- and
 > I'm not saying there is!-- there are still all the stories that took place
 > before it...

Heh heh heh. u-U

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, mwa ha ha