SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2014 Update #5 of 5: Recently-Discovered Universes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Dec 28 16:48:51 PST 2014

UNIVERSE:  The Goddess

- Type:  Mystic

- Chronicler:  Andrew Foltz ("MrNelson007")

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://tumblr.com/goddesscorrespondence/

- Activity:  Weekly on Tumblr - but completed in September 2014

- Relevance:  Major, as for last year.  The Goddess already interacts
with other universes at whim.  Now she has abandoned her connection to
her homeworld.

- Threat Analysis:  Major but roughly unchanged.  The Earth girl Lydia
Devin ("The Goddess") has discovered her origin.  She is inactive for
now, but still seems to retain her powers and is highly available for
inter-universal action.

- Critique:  It seems Lydia's entire life was a lie due to the actions
of cosmic forces.  We're not certain we follow the underlying
motivations, especially those of her sister Elana.  But it bears study.

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Yawn.  You concern yourselves about some
minor cosmic axis called RACC, correct?  This story left there long ago.
  Now it's some Hyperpocalypse far away, yet we survive.  I actually
fear Octo-Boy more than this Goddess now.

---

UNIVERSE:  Super Wizard From Space

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler:  Wil Alambre

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/

- Activity:  roughly monthly but on hold

- Relevance:  Has *already* interacted with the Council, and continues
to affect its worlds.

- Threat Analysis:  Major and increasing.  The core of this universe is
self-absorbed now, but its fringes have been released.  Its Devils now
infest your homeworld, Chancellor, retroactively from at least 1944!

- Critique:  Still awesome.  The story before this year pointed at a
simple final confrontation - but now another force known as the Red Hand
is on the move, albeit slowly.

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Militarists rankle me.  I should love to
dismantle this Red Hand myself, but undoubtedly other forces would then
arise.  Over the eons and in dealing with your *own* homeworld,
Chancellor Wyatt, I have learned my limitations.  As for the others
within that universe, I should fear them only if they ever wake up.  As
for its fringes, I bid you good luck.  I rather like your new Devils.

---

UNIVERSE:  The "Di-Verse"

- Type:  Mystic

- Chronicler:  "Deuce Ex Machina"

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://deucexmachina.deviantart.com/art/

- Activity:  barely introduced

- Relevance:  Could interact with the Council.

- Threat Analysis:  Intermediate.  The world has Light and Dark factions
of mages, in a relationship both confrontational and symbiotic.  Their
leadership (at least among the Dark faction) seems very pragmatic; if
the need arises, we can probably come to an agreement with them.

- Critique:  This storyline has great potential.  Its Writer specializes
in mood pieces and character development, and makes the point that Light
is not always Good and Dark is not always Evil.  Thus far, the center of
action is a Salon D.Y.A.L. (Dark, Yet Always Lovely), plus some legends
which might lead up to it.  The stories have been published online for
years, so everything depends on whether it can continue new episodes.

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  The most important beings in any universe are
usually the ones from below.  This universe is no exception.  Dark Lords
are lower beings to me, but I would gladly submit to the ministrations
of their salon stylists.

I know. - Archie Andrews