SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2014 Update #1 of 5: Introduction and SW10

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 11:39:17 PST 2014

On 12/24/2014 11:35 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Author's Note:  I like End of Year Reviews.  It's time again!  But I'm having
> to change the commentator...  Heh.

Hmmmm?

> This year, we've made contact with an inter-universal observer who names
> himself the Hyper-Piper of Hypergaard.

Oooooooh! Nice!

> His realm is a rival of Ordered
> Realities, and we realize you have some personal history with him, but we are
> always willing to engage in diplomatic relations.

There's a sentence that carries lots of interesting implied detail.

> - Relevance:  Minor.  Powernaut stories are currently stuck in the past.  Our
> assessment is, by the time the year 2015 ends, the Powernaut *might* advance
> to 2012.  Episodic analysis indicates that only afterward may Powernaut
> stories interact with the greater universe again - if they ever do.

I dunno, Powernaut stories pull other worlds in in ways one might not expect -
a "revealed" history might have great implications for what you *think* your
status quo is.

> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  One might think I have a grudge against your
> Powernauts.  However, one of them has done me great service.  In that memory,
> I leave his successors be.

FORESHADOWING. <3

> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Oh, lost your incredible demon duck there, have
> you?  Perhaps you shouldn't send it to do a hyper-being's job.  My needs are
> small...
>
> Author's Note:  I like End of Year Reviews.  It's time again!  But I'm having
> to change the commentator...  Heh.

Hmmmmm, a bit of a record-skip here.

> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Oh, lost your incredible demon duck there, have
> you?  Perhaps you shouldn't send it to do a hyper-being's job.  My needs are
> small...
>
> Author's Note:  I like End of Year Reviews.  It's time again!  But I'm having
> to change the commentator...  Heh.

And again - is the Hyper-Piper affecting the records?

> Author's Note:  The Chancellor Wyatt shares in having been abducted by the
> Hyper-Piper in Powernaut 1969.  Rightfully, the Hyper-Piper is his bogeyman.
> But he's not backing down.  If anything, he's pleased to be acknowledged as
> the real Wyatt Ferguson.

AWESOME.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, character interrelations!