SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2014 Update #1 of 5: Introduction and SW10

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Dec 24 20:35:19 PST 2014

Author's Note:  I like End of Year Reviews.  It's time again!  But I'm
having to change the commentator...  Heh.

---

THE CATALOG OF EARTHS, 2014 UPDATE
Private to the Chancellor Wyatt Ferguson at the Council of Ordered Realities

--- PART 1:  Introduction and SW10 ---

This report describes many of the major universes which are eligible for
the Council of Ordered Realities but not yet catalogued by it.

Last year we got much of our detail by attaching an eavesdropping device
to the dimension-hopping duck named Psychovant.  We recently sent
Psychovant deep into an omniversal axis called "RACC", which on some
level of reality stands for Rec.Arts.Comics.Creative.  He got bounced
away and is unavailable for comment.

This year, we've made contact with an inter-universal observer who names
himself the Hyper-Piper of Hypergaard.  His realm is a rival of Ordered
Realities, and we realize you have some personal history with him, but
we are always willing to engage in diplomatic relations.  As part of our
relationship, he's agreed to provide us with commentary.  And he has
this message for you:

	"Greetings, little one.  I see I chose you well."

Universe SW10 ("Superhuman World 10") is of course a major part of the
Council; many of its offshoots are represented here.  We survey its main
Earth and several variants separately
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/commentQ2.htm#catalog).  But one
of its modern offshoots has seen action and is therefore of interest.

---

We here report these details for each universe:

- Type:  (Superhuman / Tech / Mystic; indication of what kind of power
drives the world; Superhuman may include the others)

- Chronicler(s):  (one or more "Writers" whom the universe regards as
governing powers)

- Chronicler's Web Site:  (if one uses the "http:" subset of our
Hyper-Body Hyper-Transfer Protocol, one can get a web page summary of
this universe)

- Activity:  (roughly weekly / monthly / sporadic / date of last
activity.  Inactivity is the sign of a dying universe.)

- Relevance:  (could not / could / has interacted with the Council)

- Threat Analysis:  (how much could they hurt the Council?  This is
basically the power level plus the crossover potential.)

- Critique:  (how pleasant is this universe for an observer to learn
about?  This section uses episodic analysis and treats the universe like
a story.  It's basically the "review".)

- The Hyper-Piper's Comments:  (This comes from a villain with an
attitude.  His remarks are preserved for the sake of completeness - and
heavily but imperfectly edited to prevent an omniversal war.  It's
basically the dark side of the critique.)

---

UNIVERSE:  SW10 - Powernaut

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/

- Activity:  Usually weekly

- Relevance:  Minor.  Powernaut stories are currently stuck in the past.
  Our assessment is, by the time the year 2015 ends, the Powernaut
*might* advance to 2012.  Episodic analysis indicates that only
afterward may Powernaut stories interact with the greater universe again
- if they ever do.  The rest of the baseline SW10 universe (including
your homeworld, Chancellor) has seen no action this year, but is on
track for the end of the world by 2022.

- Threat Analysis:  Minor.  Like superheroes in general, Powernauts are
much like rhinos.  Chancellor Wyatt, your less-motivated counterpart
back on your homeworld has already steered one.  Surely you can do
likewise if the situation arises.

- Critique:  (provided privately due to Council security designation)

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  One might think I have a grudge against your
Powernauts.  However, one of them has done me great service.  In that
memory, I leave his successors be.

---

UNIVERSE:  SW10 Offshoots (Turkworld)

- Type:  Turkworld is Tech.

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/

- Activity:  The history of the main SW10 world is active weekly in
Powernaut Comics.  Chancellor Wyatt, some of your own history was
revealed in "Powernaut 1969".  But the "Turkworld" offshoot is only
active once every few months, and it is the only offshoot with *any*
action this year.

- Relevance:  Chancellor Wyatt, you've already visited "Turkworld".  It
is stuck in the year 2011, but we've seen some activity there.  If it
advances past that, anything may happen.  It's practically impossible
for us to affect the result now.

- Threat Analysis:  Intermediate, an increase since last year.  This
universe has no intrinsic power we cannot match, but it's attracted
cosmic forces.  After Psychovant was neutralized, he landed here.  This
bears watching.

- Critique:  (provided privately due to Council security designation)

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Oh, lost your incredible demon duck there,
have you?  Perhaps you shouldn't send it to do a hyper-being's job.  My
needs are small...

[...]

--- Next:  PART 2:  RACC and LNH ---

Author's Note:  The Chancellor Wyatt shares in having been abducted by
the Hyper-Piper in Powernaut 1969.  Rightfully, the Hyper-Piper is his
bogeyman.  But he's not backing down.  If anything, he's pleased to be
acknowledged as the real Wyatt Ferguson.

I know. - Archie Andrews