SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #23: It's the Missing Heroes!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 19:06:17 PST 2014

On 12/18/2014 8:43 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Yes, the Wounded Watermelon Warriors are back (long story, for which last
> episode's commentary might help)...  oh, look, the aliens still build spanking
> machines and it isn't even 1954!  And it looks like *this* machine might
> hurt!  Occulator Compuplex continues.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005d.htm#23

Okay, this is better-explained. Also, I didn't expect the spanking robots to
come back. o.o

> Karl investigated an alien infestation earlier this year.  He helped discover
> the existence of Spanker 4 then! (ref: 2005/fergletter_jun.htm)  Medieval
> records (purportedly from genies) revealed the Spankers before that - as alien
> minions!

Huh. O.o Or maybe... their previous appearance was them coming back?

> You're probably wondering what it is about aliens and spanking... Aliens
> consider Earthlings to be like naughty children.  And they prefer ritual with
> their punishment.

That's disturbing.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, mostly the disturbing part is the idea of
corporal punishment among spacefaring cultures