MISC: OCTO-BOY # 4: Raiders Unmasked! by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:40:00 PST 2014

<snip>

This is... maybe *too* on-the-nose of a sentence. @.@

>Incredible! Octo-Boy thinks. "So Agent Johnson has gathered a bunch of cops
 > that plan to eliminate the current police force? That's why their robberies
 > are so violent? They want to make it necessary to hire private security
 > force that he's heading? What a crazy idea. Luckily, I just taped it all
 > with my cellphone. Now to break it all up.

Though this moment is a nice bit of social relevance.

>"But can you take a bullet?" Johnson asks him and put his pistol against
 > the back of the hero's head.
>"Don't need to find out," Octo-Boy says and uses a leg-tentacle to pull on
 > Johnson's ankle, The FBI agent falls down, on the back of his head.

Hmmmmmm. It feels like the big climax against the main villain needs...
*more*, somehow. You're good at throwing in cool bits, and that's what it
seems like it needs!

> THE BEGINNING and THE END
> (Octo-Boy's adventures will continue in Godling's World)

Ahhhhhh, okay, this is an origin miniseries - I thought it was another ongoing!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmmmm