LNH/HCC: Another LNH Title? Really? #2, "Analogue State"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 21:58:20 PDT 2014

On 8/7/2014 10:51 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 8/6/2014 3:53 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>
>> "The question is, if you've got cybernetic devices in your brain-- are
>> you a robot... or are you human??"
>>
>> "--!" Senator Binary twitched. Little puffs of smoke came out of the
>> giant robot's carefully-machined ears. "Er, both! No, wait, neither!
>> That is to say--"
>
> Well, that's a clever way to start to defeat anyone with "Binary" in his
> name.  I suspect this trick will work only once, though.  (If I were Senator
> Binary, I'd define myself in terms of my core operating system, not my
> peripheral devices or my storage media.)  Still, once is all the story needs.

Yeah, I tried to make it like less of a Kirk-style
blow-up-the-computer-with-a-paradox and more as a way to throw him into a
temporary existential crisis so he couldn't dodge the uberblast. (Which he
clearly could have with his enhanced reflexes otherwise, right? You all got
that, right? >.> <.<)

> I enjoyed this one.  I suppose the LNH lends itself to unexpected team-ups
> even more than my stories do... and I have to ask myself whether I can force
> out a Psychovant / Super-Savior team-up story and have it be worthy to compete
> with this in response to this concept.

YOU CAN DO IT. I believe in you, shonen-style!!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, the power of friendship!!!