LNH/HCC: Another LNH Title? Really? #2, "Analogue State"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Aug 7 19:51:52 PDT 2014

On 8/6/2014 3:53 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> "The question is, if you've got cybernetic devices in your brain-- are
> you a robot... or are you human??"
>
> "--!" Senator Binary twitched. Little puffs of smoke came out of the
> giant robot's carefully-machined ears. "Er, both! No, wait, neither!
> That is to say--"

Well, that's a clever way to start to defeat anyone with "Binary" in his
name.  I suspect this trick will work only once, though.  (If I were
Senator Binary, I'd define myself in terms of my core operating system,
not my peripheral devices or my storage media.)  Still, once is all the
story needs.

I enjoyed this one.  I suppose the LNH lends itself to unexpected
team-ups even more than my stories do... and I have to ask myself
whether I can force out a Psychovant / Super-Savior team-up story and
have it be worthy to compete with this in response to this concept.

I know. - Archie Andrews