SW10/REPOST: Me 2003, Wave 2 #2: Four Heroes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Oct 12 18:16:02 PDT 2013

On 10/12/2013 4:36 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

>> • First hero: "Captain Mighty". They've found a Superman clone or
>> something, and made him their spokesman. He's at the party. When  he
>> sees a storm coming, he lets a woman talk him into erasing the storm
>> front with super-speed. She must have been his public relations contact
>> or something.
>
> Interesting - this guy I don't think has shown up in any of the stories
> you've posted so far.

And he's probably not going to.  He's kind of like a prototype
Powernaut, though by now he's kind of like 1950s Captain America.  He's
taking a long lonely walk in Magic Land now.

>> Anyway, I don't think much of that agenda. In fact, I think loudly and
>> negatively against it throughout the party. I'm  sure  I got Ellipsis's
>> attention; I saw him grimace. (18 April, 22 October)
>
> ...wait, so did anything actually happen in this story?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I'm a little confused. o.o

Well, Wyatt Ferguson didn't successfully start a fight with Ellipsis.
If he had, that fight would probably have lasted two seconds and ended
with a plume of smoke.  Perhaps I could write a story supplement which
explains why Ellipsis doesn't just zorch everyone he finds annoying.

In another sense, I published this story at a time when I didn't feel
the need to resolve every conflict which arose by the end of a story.
There's a bit more resolution in a story I published the next year:
Picture the Future, which introduced Earth 2011.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2004/politics.htm

I know. - Archie Andrews