SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2013 Update #3 : The Web Comics

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 29 18:27:11 PST 2013

On 12/29/13 4:00 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> --- PART 3:  The Web Comics ---
>
> UNIVERSE:  Ripping Off King Arthur
>
> - Type:  Mystic, apparently
>
> - Chronicler:  Arthur Spitzer
>
> - Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.rippingoffkingarthur.com/
>
> - Activity:  every two days, when the writer feels like; otherwise,
> about monthly

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it every other day again...

> - Relevance:  Major.  This continuum derives from LNH and has *at least*
> one cosmic threat which might ravage any universe it touches.
>
> - Threat Analysis:  Major.  This universe is self-contained and does not
> let its residents out, even when they want to escape.  But as noted
> under "Relevance", its threat level is cosmic.
>
> - Critique:  As stories go, this is the most interesting one to come
> from RACC this year...  A Lizard-Pope is collecting web cartoonists for
> a mysterious purpose related to King Arthur.  He is imprisoning a
> sentient cartoon which can reproduce itself without limit.  One visitor
> has come from Earth-LNH - and pronounced this universe doomed...  Its
> Writer may not even realize the full sinister thrust of this story, but
> the story goes there none the less.  This is a fine story which could
> take years to develop.  It takes detours when it feels like, which is
> the mark of an *especially* fine story.  *And* it's funny.

Glad you're liking the story...

> - Psychovant's Comments:  No one gives a $#!+ about *quality* of art
> nowadays.  Who cares how *good* the pictures are, as long as we can
> still *look*?  Hey, that's how Dilbert became famous.  But if this
> Artist ever learns to make his black and white art %^&!ing *black and
> white* instead of 256 shades of inadvertent gray and beige, he could
> spew his $#!+ across networks ten times as fast!  Yah, I know it's extra
> work, but you could *waugh* download GIMP and do some color fill on the
> drawings after you scan 'em! *waugh*

Hah!  I could probably make it black and white, but I probably won't be
doing that.  I should probably start playing with the contrast in iPhoto
to make the blacks blacker and the whites whiter though.

Ripping Off King Arthur will become a color strip after I win the
lottery... so that's probably not going to happen anytime soon...

Arthur "Thanks for the Review!" Spitzer