LNH: Possum-Man: Relinquished #8: Shadows and Silhouettes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Sep 21 18:14:14 PDT 2012

On 9/20/2012 4:46 AM, Mitchell Crouch wrote:

 > "Oh, no!" came Mumiyah's hasty reply. "Come on, Deano, your father
 > will be very cross if we don't get started on your lessons...!"
 >
 > "Oh, that's okay." Deano ran into the middle of the yard, and sank to
 > his knees, gripping the grass firmly with both hands as he squeezed
 > his eyes shut tightly. When he opened them again, his irises were
 > glowing a fierce green as his jungle came to life around him. "It's
 > not like he can do anything to stop me anyway."
 >
 > And Sticks' jaw dropped like it was attached to a tonne of lead.

... oooh, plot advancement!

 > Honestly, Sticks hadn't seen Monica since the walk in the park where
 > he'd saved a kitten and been knocked out by the Vixen. It was the
 > strangest, darndest thing, but once the Vixen showed up, Moni was
 > nowhere to be seen. Absolutely weird, right?

I'm waiting for the plot twist where the Vixen is Moni's evil twin who
keeps her under mind dominance.  8{D>

 > "So... yes. As... as Www.ollongong's... mightiest net.hero, I'll,
 > uh... well, you all know!" Pos slammed his fist down on the lectern
 > with as much force as his spaghetti limbs could muster. "I'm going
 > after the Vixen! She needs to be stopped, and I plan on doing just
 > that. If anyone," he looked at Sawley pointedly, "_anyone_ has any
 > idea where she is or what she's up to, they need to contact Officer
 > Hank immediately. And you can all get the word out and tell her: I'm
 > coming for her. She can run, but I will catch her. She can hide, but
 > I will find her. She can fight, but I will beat her!"
 >
 > With that the cameras went wild, and the crowd broke into thunderous
 > applause, drowning out Possum-Man's finishing line of "Maybe!
 > Hopefully, anyway."

It's actually pretty awesome to have a net.hero press conference like this.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.