SW10: Powernaut 2011 #4: Ellipses! Now They Die!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:42:17 PDT 2012

On Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:44:39 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
> I've recovered from a web site outage.  I'll still publicize to most of
> the world on Mondays, but New Improved Eilertech.Com now has Latest
> Powernaut this Sunday.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011.htm#4

Woo!

> For the record, the associate-Ellipses in this series are American,
> South Asian, and Chinese. I mention this here because subtle differences
> in skin tone are not important inside a Powernaut comic.

DOOM of the ELLIPSIS CORPS!

> The original Ellipsis was (and is) a mutant supergenius. Twenty years
> ago, while he was still in college, he invented a portable energy field
> called the Ellipsis Field. Unfortunately the field tended to drive
> people crazy, including himself at times. Just this year, he got that
> fixed and went open-source with the tech. Now there's a small swarm of
> engineers flying around with the equivalent power of nuclear bombs.
> (2011/useless.txt)

Ah! I see. You've never put the whole Ellipsis thing so concisely!

> Does that make you nervous at all? The U.S. Government isn't terribly
> happy about it. And evil mages hate all that science in the air.

Oh, I dunno - it sounds fun!

> I've finished plotting Powernaut 2011.  It is slotted for 24 issues.  I
> will publish this as three web pages, just because no one wants to load
> twenty-four comic strips all at the same time.

Makes sense.

> Powernaut comics have not been terribly violent up to now.  At the
> height of my 1944 series, Power Stars vs. the Wehrmacht, I managed eight
> acts of violence in one strip.  The height of Powernaut 2011 will
> feature Ellipsis and the Powernaut in one strip, and it will turn the
> violence index up to eleven.

Woo! Explosions!

> The finish of the series is going to be beautiful.  I shall have to make
> sure to live long enough to publish it.

No dying! We definitely don't have enough people who post as much as you do to lose one of them. >.>

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, game on!