[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #34: Cephalo Paul's Revenge, Part 1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:46:26 PST 2012

MORE SUPER WIZARD WOOHOO

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:50:23 AM UTC-5, Wil Alambre wrote:
> In the seedy bowels of a seedy mining camp, Cephalo Paul roused from
> blurriness to found himself at the mercy of an unkindness of
> anthropomorphic ravens. The lot of them stood on four clawed talons,
> spoke through horrifying beaks lined with serrated edges, and had too
> many ruby-coloured eyes. They were in the midst of painting their black
> feathers blue when they saw him wake.

Mmmmm yes description yes <3

> Paul's eyes went wide as he recognized the colours. "I- I- I know you!"
> he stuttered nervously. "You're that group of crazies that worship star
> wizards! You're part of the Sixth Column!"

Oooooooh. o.o

> "They're so vast, they shatter civilizations in passing. We're so
> insignificant, we know them only through catastrophe. Our understanding
> is so limited, we can't even properly *describe* them. We don't give
> them names because names are for simple things; we give them *legends*!
> The Small Army! The Unfixed Constellation! The Red Hand! The Great
> Disaster!"

Maaaaaaan. <3 <3 <3

> "But we heard you above, in the saloon, with the miners and spacers and
> drunks. Buying everyone drinks and telling tall tales, making no friends
> no matter how many rounds you shared. You're not praying. You're not
> hiding. You're trying to book passage... you want an audience with the
> gods!"

GASP! Awesomest.

> "No I ain't. I was... I mean, I'm just meeting someone, is all..." Paul
> said. He saw where this was heading and he was feeling worse than
> before.

Heh heh he's fucked.

> "We'll be the envy of all other races within the Sixth Column! He'll
> take us under his wing, share with us secret knowledge, and bequeath us
> some of his terrible power. We'll be invulnerable to harm! We'll be able
> to travel between planets unaided! We'll be able to strike down our
> enemies with liquid fusion!"

And then we'll fall in love and get married and have a baby and the baby will be named Judith Starwinkle Rapunzel Space Wizard.

> At the open hatch was a humanoid figure in an spacesuit. He was tall,
> lanky, slouching from a small hump on his back. The design of his suit
> was primitive and plain, with a sewn on badge on his shoulders in the
> shape of a large foot. He had his helmet on and the reflective visor
> down, hiding his face.

Hm. o.o Now what's this...

> "Then yes, it'll work. You lead us to Super Wizard From Space and we
> will have our vengeance... you for your murdered brother, me for the
> genocide of my race," declared the space-sasquatch.

!!!

Ooooooooooh. <3 <3 <3

> I haven't posted new fiction for a long time. I have various excuses,
> though most of it can be boiled down to plain procrastination.

I know that one!

> However,
> the coffee shop near me finally reopened after some renovations and I
> took that as a hint to get back into the swing of things. I'm hoping
> to get into a weekly schedule again, bouncing between writing and
> drawing/inking.

Awesome! <3

> There's several references in here, some blatant and some less so.
> One of them is the "sixth column", which was a group of kids that
> Fletcher Hank's Stardust shared his powers to...
>
> http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/15/79/06/43/28onep16.jpg
>
> That's sort of thing superheroes did back in those days, I guess?
> They even got their own kid-sized uniforms, the scamps.

...wow. XD Awesome.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, has heard the term used before.